All These Moments

All These Moments

Random ramblings in writing.

Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11

It seems like something should be written about 9/11, but I don't really feel like I can do it much justice. There are certainly a lot of questions to be asked five years later. Should we have gone to war? (Obviously, anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.) Was Iraq the right first step in the War on Terror? (I don't think so.) Are we much now than we were then? (I think so.)

I'm not entirely certain about my answers to these questions except the first. When a nation is attacked like we were, it must respond. An attack on our own soil, a massacre of our own citizens. We cannot just move on with our lives without a response to those who did this to us.

My school actually acknowledged the importance of 9/11 this year, unlike last year. Today our usual moment of silence was in remembrance of the attacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

profile

about me
My name is Jared and I'm an English major at UT. Politically I'm a mix of libertarian and neocon with a heavy dose of sarcasm. Otherwise I'm just a typical nerd.

recent entries
Manpower!!
UT Football
Wikipedia Sells Out... Again
No Pencil Necessary
Now Eco-Friendly!
More fiddling
Name Explanation
The Office: Best Show Ever
A New Blog
archive
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
September 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
April 2009
other blaugs
Politics and Poetry
Shailee Lathe
Tactical Middle East
Texas College Republicans
Unknown Geek

in soviet russia, rss feeds you!