All These Moments

All These Moments

Random ramblings in writing.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sam's Town

So, The Killers album Sam's Town came out a week ago, and I've probably listened to it a hundred times since then. It's a really sweet album. The first single "When You Were Young" may have some Bruce Springsteen-esque lyrics, but people are way off when they characterize the album as a Bruce Springsteen imitation.

The synth-rock sound from Hot Fuss that people loved so much is gone now, except for the beginning of "Bones" which is very Hot Fuss sounding at the beginning and kind of Cure sounding afterward. (It's also, I'm pretty sure, my favorite song from the album.)

Also, the music video for "When You Were Young" is a pretty amazing piece of work, so you should watch it sometime. Tim Burton is in charge of the upcoming video for "Bones" so that's another one to look forward to. (As far as music videos go, The Killers tend to deliver too.)

So, I'm pretty sure I love every song from this album.

To heck with the sophomore curse.

I love The Killers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

profile

about me
My name is Jared and I'm an English major at UT. Politically I'm a mix of libertarian and neocon with a heavy dose of sarcasm. Otherwise I'm just a typical nerd.

recent entries
My Dog is Bill Clinton
9/11
Manpower!!
UT Football
Wikipedia Sells Out... Again
No Pencil Necessary
Now Eco-Friendly!
More fiddling
Name Explanation
The Office: Best Show Ever
archive
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
September 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
April 2009
other blaugs
Politics and Poetry
Shailee Lathe
Tactical Middle East
Texas College Republicans
Unknown Geek

in soviet russia, rss feeds you!